Surgery is generally regarded as the final step to take for any musculoskeletal condition. When conservative measures such as physiotherapy or steroid injection have failed to produce the desired effect or optimal result, surgery may be considered.
At Midlands Shockwave & Physiotherapy Clinic, we offer specialist post-operative physiotherapy covering a wide range of surgeries, such as:
- Knee – Total knee replacement (TKR), ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction, meniscal (cartilage) repair, arthroscopy (key hole surgery)
- Hip – Total hip replacement (THR), labral repair, arthroscopy, fractured neck of femur
- Spine – (Micro)discetomy, fusion, epidural for sciatica
- Shoulder – Rotator cuff (tendon) repair, total shoulder replacement, sub-acromial decompression
- Foot and Ankle – Ligament reconstruction, achilles tendon repair, joint replacement
We see clients both pre-operative and post-operative with goals aimed towards:
- Restoring optimal mobility
- Strengthening weakened and disused muscles
- Compensating for any functional loss
- Improving normal movement patterns and habits
- Pain management with reduced need for medication
- Speeding up the recovery process
We have a wealth of experience within our team in post-operative physiotherapy for musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions and would be happy to answer any further questions you may have.